A mother has recently lost her 3-years-old child who by mistake chewed and swallowed a piece of this poisonous plant. In last than a minute her tongue swelled which unfortunately lead to her death.
Now she is warning every parent out there to educate themselves, keep an eye on this plant, so no other life is lost.
We all love having green plants in our home, but without knowing some of them can be very harmful to our family – especially to kids when left alone.
“Dieffenbachia” is a tropical flowering plant typical to the New World Tropics in Mexico and the West Indies south of Argentina. It`s commonly found in homes, waiting rooms and offices, adding natural greenery. But what seems to be ordinary plant can be a hidden killer. Dieffenbachia poisoning can occur if you eat the leaves, root or stalk of this plant!
Even if you touch it and than accidentally rub your eyes it can lead to serious problems, in some cases to permanent blindness.
So please be aware of what sorts of plants your are bringing inside your homes, learn about them and make sure they don`t pose a threat to you and your family.