Let`s get something clear first. It`s not easy to lose weight but these simple recipes can give you a big helping hand along the way. You need lots of healthy carbs, fiber and protein to keep you full and healthy all day long.
Here are some of the best fast and simple fat burning recipes that can be made in less than 30 minutes!
1. Broccoli & Feta Omelet with Toast
It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare this breakfast which will give you enough energy to start up your day.
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 2 beaten large eggs,
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill and
- 2 slices rye bread, toasted
Fist you need to coat a pan with cooking spray and cook the broccoli for about 3 minutes. Combine the egg and feta first in a small ball and add it to the pre-heated pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes and then flip the omelet and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve with toast.
2. Spiced Green Tea Smoothie
Thanks to the metabolism-boosting compound EGCG the green tea is one of the best fat-burning foods. There are confirmed cases and studies that show how drinking up to four cups of green tea can burn six pounds of fat in just eight weeks.
- 3/4 cup of chilled and strong green tea,
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 juiced lemon (2-3 TBSP)
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 small pear, skin on, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 6-8 ice cubes
Put it all into a blender and mix until it becomes smooth.
3. Chocolate-Dipped Banana Bites
You`ll be glad to hear that desserts are allowed and they don`t have to erase a healthy meal. All you need is a knife and a microwave. As an extra bonus you get some healthy fats to rev your metabolism.
- 2 tablespoons of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 peeled small banana cut into 1-inch chunks
Place the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl, out the microwave on high for around 1 minute and weight until the chocolate melts. All its left is for you to deep the banana slices into the chocolate and enjoy!
4. Banana and Almond Butter Toast
This recipe contains three of the best foods you could possibly have for breakfast. Even though just 1 slice contains 280 calories we guarantee it will keep you full until lunch.
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 slice rye bread, toasted and
- 1 sliced banana
All you have to do is spread the almond butter on the toast and top it with banana slices.
5. White Bean and Herb Hummus with Crudites
5 minutes and 4 ingredients is all it takes to prepare this fiber-rich, fat burning delicious meal. If you pair it with some raw vegetables like broccoli than you`ll get even greater health benefits.
- 1/4 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Mixed raw vegetables, like chopped broccoli florets, sliced green and red peppers, and baby carrots
In a small bowl combine the beans, chives and lemon juice and oil them up. Serve in combination with mixed vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, sugar snap peas and carrots.
6. Middle Eastern Rice Salad
This meal contains enough protein and fiber to keep you full but without weighing you down. It works well as a stand-alone meal or as a side dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Vidalia, thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas, (rinsed and drained of course)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley ,chopped
Turn your stove on medium-high heat and heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Then add onion and cook about 5 minutes with stirring every one in while. Remove the skillet and stir in chickpeas, salt and cumin. At the end season it with fresh ground black pepper.
Feel free to combine it with rice, dates, mint, parsley and onion-chickpea mixture in a nice large ball. Toss it until is properly combined.
7. Energy-Revving Quinoa
Quinoa is rich with protein and fiber which is a great combination for staying energized and keeping a humming metabolism. It`s no wonder that Quinoa is one of the trendiest foods today.
- 1 cup quinoa , cooked
- 1/3 cup canned low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Just toss all of the ingredients in a medium bowl until they are properly mixed.
8. Greek Yogurt Fruit Parfait
This is the perfect breakfast if you are struggling to drop some extra pounds. Each layer of this delicious meal will provide you with a healthy dose of protein and fiber. And all it takes is just 5 minutes of your time.
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups sliced mixed plums, nectarines and peaches
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, honey or agave nectar,
- 3/4 cup puffed rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons walnuts and almonds, toasted and chopped
Pick a tall container and layer half of the yogurt along with the cereal, fruit, nuts, syrup and flaxseed. Repeat the same thing but with the other half of the ingredients. Before consumption refrigerate up to 5 hours.